Human trafficking is when a person is subjected to force, fraud, or coercion, for the purpose of sexual exploitation or forced labor.
Simply put… it’s modern day slavery.
“Slavery still exists?”
That might be a difficult concept to grasp in our post modern, human rights propelled society…but it is a fact.
27 million victims worldwide.
It is a global oppression (and The United States of America is not exempt).
Here is a short video with some facts:
There are two major categories of human trafficking:
1) Forced Labor
2) Sexual Exploitation (Sex Trade, Sex Toursim)
God has placed, in my heart, the burden to be a voice for the victims of human trafficking, that are affected by sexual exploitation.
These victims may be called “prostitutes“, “bar girls”, “escorts”, or “masseuses”
And they range in ages from 6 – 30. They are usually females, though there are many young boys that are victims of the sex trade as well.
Here is another interesting video about the sex trade:
There are four main ways to fights against the sex trade:
1) Prevention – for children and women at risk of entering the sex trade.
2) Intervention- to rescue women and children already in the sex trade.
3) Restoration- counseling, educating, and discipleship of women and children rescued from the sex trade.
4) CREATE AWARENESS- get EDUCATED on this issue (there are many resources on this site), and SPREAD the knowledge. Let the people in your circle of influence KNOW about what is going on, right under their noses.
May we choose to use our freedom, to fight for these victims. Fight with our voices, our prayers, our creative talents, with monetary support, and with actions… all compelled by Love. Let’s bring an end to this global injustice.
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;
ensure justice for those being crushed.
Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless,
and see that they get justice.” -Proverbs 31: 8-9